The staff of the Management Body deals with tasks related to:
1.The responsibility for the implementation of environmental legislation (national and European) – the opinion for the licensing of actions and projects with environmental impacts that are located in the area of responsibility of the Agency.
2. The protection of the National Park from any kind of illegal activities (e.g. fires, poaching, poaching, poaching, illegal grazing, etc.).
3.The digitization of maps of the Agency’s area of responsibility and the creation of digital data.
4. The recording and monitoring of species of flora, fauna (amphibians, reptiles, mammals, bats, horses, etc.), invertebrates, marine reptiles & mammals, avifauna, mushrooms and habitat types.
5.The study and recording of the morphometric characteristics of the fir forest (Fig.3) of the National Park.
6. The Operation of a Genetic Material Bank and Nursery (Fig. 1) for the conservation of the rare and endemic plants of the Park.
7. The study and recording of geotopes & geo-tracks of the Kefalonia-Ithaca Geopark.
8. The organization and operation of the Dark Sky Park of Ainos National Park and the preservation of the dark sky as a natural resource.
9.Informing, educating and training the population on issues of: a) environmental protection, conservation and management, b) environmental legislation, c) environmental diversity.
10.The functions of planning, organizing and implementing financial resources assurance plans.
11. Attracting/informing visitors and providing environmental information.
12. The functions of promotion, publicity and public relations.
13. The design and organization of a volunteer program.